Keeping Your Worksite Safe
Here are some good Housekeeping Safety tips for everyone to follow:
- Keep your work area tidy. Put away any materials or equipment when you are finished using them.
- Pick up all trash and scrap materials and properly dispose of them.
- Keep traffic areas clear of clutter which can cause slips, trips and falls.
- Make sure emergency exits and safety equipment (fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc.) are not blocked and available for easy access.
- Keep work surfaces and floors as dry as possible. Clean up spills promptly.
- Place warning signs around wet floors areas to caution personnel about slippery surfaces.
- Store material properly. Do not place heavy items overhead. Secure materials so they cannot fall or roll.
- Keep windows clean and unblocked to help provide the light to work safely.
- Smoke only in designated areas. Dispose of smoking materials in non-combustible containers.
- Light fixtures should be kept in good repair, and burned-out bulbs and tubes should be replaced promptly.
- Keep eating areas clean and safe. Dispose of food and drink trash in garbage cans.
Remember a clean worksite is a safe worksite