How to Take the Stairs Safely
- The concept of the handrail is basic, if you slip, trip or begin to fall while descending a staircase, grabbing the handrail can break your fall and save you from serious injury. Always use the handrails
- Report stairways that are slippery or have objects left on them. Report any broken or loose stair threads or handrails
- Never carry loads that are heavy, bulky or block your vision on stairs
- Walk; never run when using the stairs. Stairs should be ascended or descended one tread at a time and only while using the handrail.
- Using your cell phone while going up or down the stairs is distracting and dangerous, keep your eyes on path, put your cell phone down
- Be sure to make use of the full tread when walking stairs.
Remember it only takes a split second to get injured, stay focused and alert at all times.
Looking to join the G4S team?
Job-seekers, click to visit our Careers page!